The equine industry
According to a survey by the ‘Filière Cheval du Québec’, an organization devoted to the socio-economic development of the equine industry, its contribution represents a $521mm a year value added, coming primarily from the sports and leisure sector.
THE HORSE INDUSTRY IN QUEBEC
The horse industry generates considerable and recurring economic benefits
- There are 117,495 horses in the province, of which 96% are assigned to the sports and leisure sector;
- Of the 3,000 stables in Quebec, 650 are commercial;
- 76 ‘Équi-qualité’ certified establishments share more than10,000 clients;
- Equitation enthusiasts enjoy 3,000 km of trails;
- There are 471 days of horse shows and competitions.